20.4.10

Art Attack

Our tax guy arrived today, at dinner time, like he always does. Which is fine, I mean, it's just funny. The first think he said was to Ryder, our dog. He said, "I like you, because at most of my client's homes, the lower half of my right leg is mistaken for playmate of the month." Hilarious.

To say I've been busy for the past few days would be... a baldfaced lie. As opposed to the little fibs with facial hair. I guess I only consider myself busy when I'm doing things that conflict with each other... or that I don't really want to do. Well, I started working. Did I blog about this yet? Yepp, weekends, washing dishes at a small restaurant in a smaller town. Called the Crossroads. At least they don't play the country station. I feel slightly more entitled to the blues, however. In 60 years, I can get out my guitar and my harmonica and wail away about dishpan hands, and how (granny voice) kids these days don't know how to make a livin', see, when I was a young whippersnapper... Or in 20 years I can get out my dulcimer, and Joni Mitchell it all up. She probably washed dishes. Every earthy, legit starving artist must have, at some point. That's my only consolation.

I've also taken up art attacking. Read the rest of this post in an English...? Australian accent? It's been years since I've seen that show. But, I Art Attacked a backdrop for the photos I have to do at an impending dance... Neon theme. Awesome. Here is the aftermath.








Thankfully my mother has a bit of an eye. I get so frustrated sometimes, I have these visions of (sugarplums) photos in my head, and no one to enact what I mean... so I try to take photos of myself, but then I don't have myself behind the camera... I can't wait till I'm rich and famous and can hire whichever models I want. Agyness Deyn will be wrinkly and grey haired by then, but surely there will be a new... whippersnapper. 

Speaking of grey things... David Gray. Man, I'm in love. I want to be Stella the Artist. His voice is very distinctive... kind of a beige, chalky sort of colour. With tinges of, dare I say it, grey. Give 'er a listen. Him, and Jamie Cullum. Check out the video of him on youtube, covering Rihanna's Please Don't Stop The Music. 


The wild jazz solo kills me every time. He's so dang cute, just like his voice. And he's a big Sinatra fan, which I'm all about. 

Before I was distracted by my terrible habit of falling in love with the Singer Not The Song, (I love Mick Jagger too, whoops) I was talking about Art Attack. Inspired by the backdrop, and lacking a neon dress, I decided to get all artsy up in this... nevermind. I bought a cheapy cheapy black jersey dress at Old Navy, and violently yellow bandeau (because the cheapy cheapy dress is kinda flimsy) and a pile of neon fabric paint... And went to town, sister. It's sweet. Surely there'll be photos. 

I just watched that video a linked again, and fell in love with the guy, again. There are so many songs I want people to listen to... so, I just decided! I'm going to recommend one at the end of every post. A sort of reward, if you will, for those who actually persevered to the end. A token of my gratitude. I realize I've already mentioned a couple in this post... but, this is the official, Recommendation de Jour:

The Un-American, by Matt Morris. 

say hello to your doctor
love, 
Toby Celery