26.4.10

quickly

This is what I wore today. I didn't expect it to cause such a ruckus. It's a skirt that fit kinda awkwardly, turned into a dress, over a t-shirt. Old ladies at Nata's liked it. They said I was young and pretty and could do clever (yes, clever) things like turning skirts into dresses. Girls my age liked it, at PLUSH. Wee little grade 8 girls liked it at my mom's school. And every man I met made it known how much he liked it. That's the part that threw me off. I've worn shorter skirts, and not gotten near the reaction. And these guys weren't saying "nice" because they appreciated the mixing of patterns, or the watercolour affect of the skirt. Oh no no. There was something about this outfit that drew serious attention... even in Peterborough. Hm.



Also, ignore the laziness of the photo; I had about 5 minutes to get a shot before I had to, wait, LEAVE FOR A RECORDING SESSION. Yeah. It was cool. But more about that later, I'm wicked tired, and wanted to post the photo before it was irrelevant.

Oh shoot, I need a song. Okay, Wasting Time (Stay) by the Dave Matthews Band. This might be the greatest song written in my lifetime. Try to find a live version with back up vocals and an organ accompanying the sweet sax lick. Ha, sweet sax lick.

B