3.4.10

Hm. That last post was kinda strange. Just read Emma, and you'll know what I mean. How I wish this society was. (Awkward sentence.) But doesn't every girl wish her life we a Jane Austen novel? In this case though, Emma is just being silly. Her father is a difficult, though well-meaning old man... just marry Frank, for frick sakes.

I'm going to blog about the weather. Yes, I am. It's been completely beautiful for the last two days... Why is it, how is it that we get so excited about the weather, every year. I was just in Punta Cana, (where it was only two degrees hotter than here, I'll have you know) a couple weeks ago, and it was nice... I mean, I'm not complaining, but when it's that warm here, YEAH BABY! I've sat outside in my bathing suit for two days solid. Nearly finished Emma, and slept a lot. I get this excited about it every year. And every winter, I get just as excited about snow. It's not like I can't expect it... The human psyche, incomprehensible.

I watch way too many movies, than can be healthy. Or expected, of a wholesome, tall, blonde-ish, all-American kinda Canadian... Going to the theatre, especially by myself, is one of my absolute favourite things to go. Not really a guilty pleasure, I s'pose, because I don't feel bad about it at all. Last night I watched Catch Me If You Can. Based on a true story. I love Leonardo DiCaprio. Funny, clever, incredible... Recommend. Tonight, Nothing But The Truth. I don't love Kate Beckinsale as much as Leo, but a) I'm a girl, and b) I haven't seen her in anything else... but it was kinda cool. I called the end part way through though, because there were only so many characters, and so many possibilities... It kinda dissuaded any sort of inclination I had towards becoming a journalist though. But, a recommend, though less so than Catch Me. Maybe this'll just turn into a movie blog...

Well, I just set up photos for my second show... have I talked about this already? Je ne sais pas. Yepp, The Spill, George St. in Peterborough. It was stressful, getting everything going, but it's cool now. As long as the opening party goes off without a hitch... By the way, check out this band, www.myspace.com/jokerswild5. Four awesome guys, good friends of mine... therefore I'm a little prejudiced,  (Proud and prejudiced, perhaps?) but they're pretty good... They're all incredible musicians, especially for their age. There isn't a weak link. They're playing for me at the opening. I'm not a big emoticon person, but :-D.

But, back to stressful. Okay, why, I ask, WHY would automatic camera functions take photos with 2:3 dimensions, if that is "an unusual size", says Michael's framing lady. 4x6" is, in my opinion the most aesthetically pleasing size for a photo. So petite, classy, fits nicely in your hand... not to big, not too small... And, doesn't require cropping. You can print the photo you see. I mean at Black's, not custom stuff. So naturally, 8x12" would be, you'd think, also very popular, for many of the same reasons. Pleasing dimensions, no cropping... But alas, that is not so. After spending over $120 on the photos, I went to Michael's... one $50 8x12" frame. Uh... And you can't even by mattes for 8x12". And to have them custom matted would $25 each. So, I bought a bunch of cheap 11x14", cited starving artist's license and makeshift matted 25 photos in a few hours... and they turned out nice. Narrow black frames, on a brick wall... I like it. Check them out. 414 George St North, Peterborough.

Hm. That's about it, I'd say. I need a theme, I do I do. But, for now, goodnight.

say hello to your doctor
love,
Toby Celery