9.4.10

curiouser and curiouser...

I saw Alice in Wonderland. Plot was lacking... But if you were ever losing interest, you just had to take a quick glimpse at Johnny Depp's amazing silk bow/shirt/blouse... And you'd last another 5 minutes. It was actually a visual feast, one might say. I want every single one of Alice's dresses, minus the lame-oh schmame-oh White Queen... thing. That was a "oh goodness Colleen Atwood, what were you thinking... I'll just take this time to observe Johnny Depp's bowtie" moment. But seriously, check these out.


This dress appeared just in time to avert a potentially awkward, "uh, isn't this supposed to be PG?"moment. Alice shrunk. Therefore, she was naked. Luckily, due to magic beyond our control, she scrambled out of the less cool, kinda bland, big blue thing, conveniently clothed in this. Which stretched into a lingerie looking little corset thing when she grew. Also, convenient. 

And this delightful bit, made from the curtains of the Red Queen's castle made me want to jump up and down and scream BETSEY JOHNSON, WHERE WERE YOU ON THAT ONE?! Very Betsey. J'aime ca, bien sur. 


Very Prada a few years ago. I'm not trying to sound pretentious, but I do remember a collection, pre-lace, that featured this sort of pattern... And the colours were much better onscreen, the shirt popped, rather than being desaturated, in this photo... Who's idea was that, anyway. I would go to a movie based on my initial reaction to the movie poster, which, in turn, would be based on my initial reaction to 
THAT BOW. 

For some reason, finding photos of all the dresses on line is unusually difficult... The only really bad one was this kinda shiny, white overcoat, over some nastily ill-fitting, camel-toe-ish blue pants... Shudder. Actually. I was so disappointed. But, then there was Johnny's shirt. 

So, prior to Alice this evening, with my family, I watched Changeling... Angelina Jolie... I wasn't that impressed, to tell you the truth. I mean, it was based on a true story, so you can't really complain about the plot... Acting was sub-par... All Angie seemed to do was gasp, and cover her brilliant, amazingly fierce red lips, and cry a lot. But her hats. Swoon. 




And, I want to have her bony figure that turns blousey, shapeless, twenties dresses into dreamy, floaty bits of amazing. Her wardrobe in this was great too. Deborah Hopper, says my friend Google. Note the amazing gloves. Gloves and clutches were prominent, and great. 




Haha, I was looking for an intense lip shot, but instead found the "gasp, you're circumcised! cue cover intense lips" one...

 

There's some lip action for ya. I love the colour. The makeup counter ladies at Sears in Peterborough hate my living guts, for all the times I've ran in there, liberally applied brilliant red lipstick straight from the swine flu tester tube, and ran out again. Without letting them spray me with perfume. Also, note the fantastic brooch. And, what an ugly word that is. Brooch. 



Oh if people still dressed like this...

Well, it's 11:23, I've been out of bed for just over twelve hours... should probably head back that way. 



say hello to your doctor
love, 
Toby Celery