8.5.10

kill me now

Kristen Stewart has been cast in On The Road. Ahem. &^%#$(*&@#&*(!)(#@$*&%&*$($#(*$#%&*($#5
Seriously. This is one of my favourite novels on the entire planet, Jack Kerouac one of my favourite writers, and a depressed, lip chewing pathetic vampire lover has been cast as one of the most intriguing characters. What is this world coming to. Keep this in mind though, if Miley Cyrus had been cast, I would have propelled myself off the nearest cliff with very little hesitation. This is blasphemy. There should be a committee of realistic people who have to approve which novels can be rewritten for the screen, because we all know that the movie is never as good as the book. I've never met anyone who thought, in general, otherwise. So why do they keep doing it? Write something knew, use the theme you like from the book or whatever, just don't RUIN something beautiful. Frick. I'm actually so annoyed right now. Imagination is dying faster than... something that dies fast. This novel is such a brilliant myriad of colour and noise and emotion in my mind, the second it becomes something organized and solidified, it will be ruined. And what was special and exclusive about Jack Kerouac, the cult appeal, the individual relationship the reader had with him will be entirely obliterated by the nine bucks of a cinema ticket. Frick.

The Underdog - Spoon

B